• Announcing the reboot of ProperPvP!

The beginning of a new era... Read more here

davidrockin

DavidRockin
Staff member
Jan 30, 2018
Canada
tkachuk.tech
Let's get the forum community active! Whether you're a new player, or an original propling, what is your favourite memory on ProperPvP?

---

I'm cheating but for me there's probably two distinct memories that I enjoyed since I joined ProperPvP. The first one was shortly after being recruited to ProperPvP in the end of June 2016. Dayton and I began the first purge on ProperPvP, where all rules were void over a weekend. Players could do whatever they wanted and use whatever they wanted and wouldn't get banned. Unfortuanetly it really killed the community once it ended. A lot of spawned items (like the infamous god diamonds with level 50 sharpness) were given to players, and were a HUGE pain for us to get rid of.

The second memory was ProperWeen 2016. It was an amazing project for us and to try out a new concept on the server. Contributing to an amazing Halloween event that will forever go down in ProperPvP history. I was able to develop a few custom bosses for the event, including the Archdemon with several awesome powerups and skills (throwing players into the air, teleporting players around, throwing mobs at player etc.) Fun fact: the archdemon was actually inspired from Scream Fortress 2014 and 2015. I had also created a rogue chicken (which still lurks to this day!) that were speedy and would attack players. In fact, the rogue chicken used the same AI code as the spider, with some minor adjustments (a chicken literally was a spider.)

Get a throw back to the third developer's vlog of ProperWeen:

Jay

IGN: CosmicFrogg
Staff member
Feb 16, 2018
Oo good question, so I have been playing ProperPvP for agesss now and have many memories ranging from making new friends (brandon, bresly, GetFluffed and more) to getting my own discount code (Code: FROG 10% off on orders over $10). But here are just a few of my favourites.

My first would probably be when I finally got YouTube rank. This made me so happy and I remember that I couldn't stop smiling. Little did I know this was just the start of everything. After this rank I successfully became both helper and moderator and I slowly worked my way up the ranks.

However, another memory that won't fade is when we would all go into teamspeak with snooker, who never actually talked, and did amazing competitions and games. An example of this was a tournament that I once actually won and was rewarded a ProperPvP batton. Maybe we could have something like this again in the future..

Some honourable mentions I'd like to add was the first time I killed ChickenAngel in the arena. He was in protection 3 iron and i was in my meer leather armour however, Alex and I managed to kill him and got the armour. The old map was also full of many secrets like the wall of heads in the castle and I remember having my head on the wall, oh i miss the old map. Another feature that is no longer here was crate keys. When you hit a certain kill streak you were rewarded a key and you had to open them at special crates across the map without dying.

These were just a few of my memories whats yours?

Last edited:

Wrackful

Staff member
Feb 6, 2018
Pretty hard question to answer, years of great memories, But i say my best memory is seeing properpvp grow and seeing the community have fun. People may think that the server is made just for fun and the money but its all for the community.

davidrockin

DavidRockin
Staff member
Jan 30, 2018
Canada
tkachuk.tech
That's awesome to here, Jay! It's great to have you around. Tournaments are definitely planned and you can expect it in the near future.

Pretty hard question to answer, years of great memories, But i say my best memory is seeing properpvp grow and seeing the community have fun. People may think that the server is made just for fun and the money but its all for the community.
I agree, it's an amazing feeling to be apart of an awesome community and see it grow.

Feb 16, 2018
OMG I still have the photo, I'd say this was one of the funniest moments ever. And a few extra screenshots I had. My IGN was _Kawaii at one point.
im.png
LMFAO
23.png
24.png
25.png
26.png

Dreex_

Feb 27, 2018
I think that my favourite memory on the server was the FPS Warp and the new year 2017 ( FPS Warp when D8N and Rock when he was Admin ) decided to make a funny party ( dance party .... ) and the 2017 new year ( cows , zombies , Red Bull , vodka etc ( potions ) and it was on a ship.